Hey Hemp Crate Co fam! Hope you all had a good weekend! Wanted to take a quick moment to provide some updates in the CBD world. As always, let us know if you have any questions or if you have topics you want us to cover. We can be reached 24-7 at email@example.com
Walgreens ups the ante on CVS
In the inaugural CBD News & Musings Vol. 1 we let you know about CVS announcing they would be carrying CBD topicals in 800+ stores across eight states. Not to be outdone, Walgreen made a major splash late last month. They announced CBD patches, creams, and sprays would be available in 1500 stores across these 10 states: Oregon, Colorado, New Mexico, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vermont, South Carolina, Illinois and Indiana. You can read more details here.
Hemp Crate Take: We are not surprised, but are nonetheless pleased with the announcement. We see this all the time in business. FedEx announces rate increases and then a week later UPS announces the same rate increases. There is a reason why there is a Walgreens on every corner where there is a CVS. It is an incredibly competitive market. They both see the MASSIVE opportunity with the CBD market over the next several years. At Hemp Crate Co, we hope this continuing CBD market normalization makes it easier for online merchants, as well. It is much more difficult and expensive for online merchants like ourselves to take payments in the CBD industry versus another e-commerce industry. Hopefully, this starts to level the playing field.
What is CBD isolate and what are the benefits?
Newstrail had an interesting article a few days ago on describing what CBD isolate is and what the benefits are vs. broad and full-spectrum CBD products. Essentially,
CBD isolate is a concentrated powder that requires a complex extraction process to ensure it reaches its 99% percent purity. This isolate is strictly CBD and can then be added to many of the edible products you’ll find in our Edibles & Beverage crate! With isolate, you don’t get some of the other cannabinoids such as THC, CBG, CBC, and others. This means you don’t get the benefit of these cannabinoids working in unison together, known as the entourage effect. The end powder version of CBD isolate looks like this:
This powder then can be added to different oils which you commonly see in CBD oil tinctures. To read more about CBD isolate click here.
Hemp Crate Take: CBD isolate definitely has its place in this world. It is great for people strictly looking for CBD and nothing else. However, we enjoy broad and full spectrum products more as you get the entourage effect of all of the cannabinoids interacting with the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) that we have all inside our bodies. Also, a reminder that our pets have an ESC within their bodies.
We like that the CBD market has different product options to serve the customer’s desires. Every month it seems like there are new advancements coming out in the industry as more and more public and private funding is available with the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill. The sky is the limit on CBD innovation and advancement over the next decade.
General Hemp Crate Co Updates
Lastly, we want to try and stick to the Behind the Scenes series we were doing prior to launching. We heard from our customers and followers that they enjoyed the transparency into our organization. We will continue highlight some of the things we are working on at Hemp Crate Co. A few updates:
- We launched on March 15th and seriously have had such an amazing response from our valued customers. Check out reviews here on Cratejoy (our marketplace platform) and here on Google. We are so happy to see people benefiting from CBD. It makes our hearts full! Keep…them…coming!
- We have started testing products for Month 2 boxes. If you are a current subscriber, reminder you will receive a renewal email mid-April. You can renew, change your box type, skip, or cancel. If you renew, your next box will ship the first week of May, by the 4th at latest. May the 4th be with you, after all. We encourage you to stay with us as we are just getting started and the new products are amazing.
- In addition to our strong subscription start, we have been equally impressed by the store orders. We have about 30 products available and a lot of them have pretty sweet discounts if you purchase more than one. Some examples are Sleepy Z’s Gummies and Hemp Energy Drinks.
- We have a couple of exciting partnerships coming up that will be announced in the coming months.
- We should have an unboxing video to share in the next week.
- We have a swag giveway currently running on our Instagram page (@hempcrateco). We will be announcing the winner of a premium hemp shirt tomorrow. Not too late. Check out our Instagram for details.
Okay, that is enough for now. Have a great week! We appreciate you!
Ryan & Lowell